New Mexico Orthopaedic Associates (NMOA) has been serving the Albuquerque community for over 35 years and is the largest specialty clinic in the Southwest. NMOA is a fast-paced, high tech and patient-centered practice providing exceptional care for every patient, every day.
To obtain quality, digital radiographs for diagnostic purposes.
- Position and transfer patients; adjusts equipment for performing x-ray exams following established procedures.
- Ensures use of radiation protection and enforces ALARA during radiologic examinations
- Ensure that the X-Ray department is clean and safe for patients; rooms are stocked with the appropriate supplies. Proper care taken with lead shields and X-ray equipment.
- Assure that digital images are marked appropriately with patient information and use of left and right markers are correct on films.
- The Technologist must be willing to assist in other areas of the clinic as needed. Maybe be asked to help in the Ortho dept. with holding limbs for casting, setting up injection trays, removing sutures and or staples and turning over cast beds. Training will be available.
- Communicate with physicians as needed regarding exams ordered, and/ or the Medical Assistant regarding questions of protocols, radiological examinations, special anatomy to be visualized etc.
- The Technologists must become familiar with all equipment in the X-ray dept., including all X-ray machines, computers, and be able to recognize any malfunction with equipment and notify the supervisor to such.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient account information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and NMOA policy.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret medical information, technical procedures and/or general business information.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, patients, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exhibit understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance policy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Knowledge of New Mexico Orthopaedics policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve performance of the department.
- Ability to input data and navigate through CPS/EMR systems.
- Proficient computer skills (including, but not limited to spreadsheets, word documents, Internet and email) required.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- May be assigned to or transferred to any clinic location, depending on business need.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current certification for American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT) and CPR Certified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Activities include holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling of objects and people, safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts. Work may be under stressful conditions at times.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled clinic environment.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. The use of marijuana is prohibited. Impairment by drugs or alcohol is also prohibited.
Job Status: Full Time