Under the supervision of the Radiology Supervisor, the position ensures clinical quality and service quality are in alignment with practice objectives and strategic plan. Acts as primary backup for the supervisor.
- Assists in the daily administrative and operational tasks of the MRI, X-Ray and Patient Transporter teams.
- Supports the Radiology Supervisor in accordance with the company's leadership philosophy, policies and applicable guidelines.
- Helps create and maintain department workflow and procedure documentation.
- Ensures smooth clinic flow and quality care for patients within the MRI and X-Ray departments.
- Foster teamwork among staff within the department and with other departments.
- Assists with the orientation and training of new hires and students to include but not limited to CPS, transporting functions, and physician protocols.
- Works closely with the supervisor to perform quarterly audits and ongoing mentoring with staff and students.
- Provides office coverage during vacations, absences, and/or breaks and lunches.
- Schedule routine maintenance on medical equipment.
- Disposes of bio hazardous wastes according to OSHA standards.
- Possess a basic understanding of pre-authorizations for insurance approval of MRI’s and scheduling.
- Ensure compliance with NMOA policies, regulatory, federal and state rules, regulations, and accreditation for both MRI and X-ray departments.
- Assist in completion of annual lead apron analysis.
- Ensures all quality control measures are followed.
- Identifies and responds to both internal and external customer issues.
- Assists and supports action to improve existing conditions, processes and procedures; identifies improvement opportunities, generates ideas, and assists with implements solutions.
- Assist supervisor with employee performance evaluations and other employee oversight functions as needed.
- Assist with monthly repeat analysis.
- Perform X-Ray functions as needed:
- Maintains confidentiality of patient account information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and NMOA policy.
- Position and transfer patients; adjusts equipment for performing x-ray exams following established procedures.
- Ensures use of radiation protection and enforces ALARA during radiologic examinations.
- Assure that digital images are marked appropriately with patient information and use of left and right markers are correct on films.
- Must be willing to assist in other areas of the clinic as needed. May be asked to help in the Ortho dept. with holding limbs for casting.
- Communicates with physicians as needed regarding exams or procedures ordered, and/ or the Medical Assistant regarding questions of protocols.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: MRI Technologists, X-Ray Technologists, and Patient Transporters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English, bi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with physicians, managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
- Know and follow MRI Safety guidelines.
- Minor troubleshooting skills to check machines when errors occur and report service calls when needed
- Ability to successfully write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Exhibits a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance policy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Knowledge of NMOA’s: policies and procedures, operating agreement, medical staff bylaws, business office standards and recommended practices.
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve performance within the practice.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate, recognize, and meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, EMR, as well as any other application(s) utilized by NMOA in daily operations.
- May be assigned to or transferred to any clinic location, depending upon business need.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed, including some evenings, and weekends. Must be available to be on-call for the MRI Department between the hours of 6am-10pm 7 days/week.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required. Minimum of two years of directly related experience as X-Ray Technologist.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification for American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT). NM Licensed through NM Environment Department. Fulfills continuing education and/or certification requirements to maintain required qualifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Activities include holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling of objects and people, safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled clinic environment. Fast-paced medical office environment involving contact and interaction with patients, physicians, and other clinical and clerical personnel. Conditions common to a clinic environment include but are not limited to communicable disease, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and toxic substances.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. The use of marijuana is prohibited. Impairment by drugs or alcohol is also prohibited.
Job Status: Full Time