Physical Therapy Technician
Provide direct and support patient care based on treatment plan established by the assigned Physical Therapist.
- Prepare treatment area, patient, and equipment for treatment.
- Assist with maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with patient transport.
- May set up for and assist Physical Therapist.
- Adheres to company policies as described in employment handbook and company work rules.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient account and employee information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and NMOA policy.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Knowledge of PT principles, standards and practices.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, co-workers, patients and vendors.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Effective clinical problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize assignments and follow up to ensure task completion.
- Ability to work 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. if necessary. Supervisor will determine hours as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED: Associates Degree preferred. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSCIAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Activities include holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling of objects and people, safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled clinic environment
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. The use of marijuana is prohibited. Impairment by drugs or alcohol is also prohibited.
Job Status: Full Time