New Mexico Orthopaedic Associates (NMOA) has been serving the Albuquerque community for over 35 years and is the largest specialty clinic in the Southwest. NMOA is a fast-paced, high tech and patient-centered practice providing exceptional care for every patient every day. We live our core values each day; Compassion, Teamwork, Accountability and Accessibility. Join our team today and enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, continuing education, and performance-based incentives.
SIGN-ON BONUS OFFERED
In a partnership with physician and/or other practitioners, this position assesses, plans, organizes, and participates in orthopaedic rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and decrease or prevent deformity of patients suffering from disease or injury.
- Plans and evaluates patient treatment program in coordination with medical staff.
- Confers with physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient's health care.
- Evaluates patient needs, discusses condition and appropriate treatment plans with physicians and medical staff and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
- Evaluates and tests patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Documents care provided, maintains patient records, charts, and discharge summaries.
- Educates patients and family in proper care and use of various support and exercise programs.
- Evaluates charts and reports on patient’s progress and bill patients according to established procedures.
- Recommends physical therapy policies and procedures concerning services provided.
- Maintains quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Conducts and participates in clinic educational programs.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient account and employee information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and NMOA policy.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Excellent written, oral and instructional communication skills.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English; bi-lingual is preferred.
- Exhibit working knowledge and skills in physical therapy equipment, safety regulations and policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance policy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Knowledge of New Mexico Orthopaedics policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve performance of the Clinic.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner; must be highly organized, timely and thorough.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- Proficient computer skills (including, but not limited to spreadsheets, word documents, Internet and email) required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, medical information or governmental regulations.
- Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas through a variety of mechanisms in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Able to professionally communicate, relate, and present to physicians, management, and other clinical and non-clinical support staff and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must be able to build and maintain strong customer relations while providing exceptional patient care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Doctorate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in physical therapy from accredited college or university.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
New Mexico License to practice physical therapy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Fast-paced clinic/office environment with routine office and/or medical equipment (some equipment has moving mechanical parts), involving contact and interaction with patients, physicians, and other clinical and clerical personnel. Minimal exposure to communicable diseases. Activities include holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling of objects and people, safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled clinic environment. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. The use of marijuana is prohibited. Impairment by drugs or alcohol is also prohibited.
Job Status: Full Time