The patient transporter is responsible for escorting the patients to and from the X-Ray and MRI department, entering the request into the electronic records system.
- Strong communication skills, compassionate and understanding.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work on own or with other staff to accomplish optimum customer service.
- Timely transportation and patient satisfaction.
- Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct.
- Participates in the continuous quality improvement process.
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures, which includes the use of specialized equipment, quality control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
- Adheres to company policies as described in employment handbook and company work rules.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient account information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and NMOA policy.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of departmental processes and assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English; bi-lingual preferred.
- Proficient with computers and office equipment.
- Ability to accomplish the quality and quantity of work expected within set limits of cost and time.
- Ability to be a positive Team Member.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Establish and maintain relationships with co-workers, team members, patients, visitors and management.
- Exhibit understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance policy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Knowledge of New Mexico Orthopaedics policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve performance of the department.
- Ability to input data and navigate through CPS/EMR systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Must be available Monday – Saturday – 6 am – 6pm
- May be assigned to or transferred to any clinic location, depending upon business need
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSCIAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Activities include holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling of objects and people, safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled clinic environment
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. The use of marijuana is prohibited. Impairment by drugs or alcohol is also prohibited.
Job Status: Full Time