Responsible for assisting Account Representatives with administrative tasks and collections of outstanding accounts receivable.
- Thorough working knowledge of both paper and electronic billing processes.
- Sorting and distribution of incoming mail or electronic correspondence files.
- Processing outgoing mail.
- Processing return mail.
- Printing and preparing claims, collection letters or other correspondence and supporting documentation for mailing.
- Maintaining DME invoice files for mailing with claims.
- Processing of patient and insurance credit card payments.
- Processing checks deposits to ensure accurately deposited to correct bank accounts.
- Preparing payment batches for payment posting staff to include retrieving EOBs.
- Prepares non-A/R payment documentation.
- Maintains spreadsheet for payment reconciliation for business office A/R payments.
- Printing itemized statements for collection agency.
- Monitor NMO Hospital Charges Distribution list from providers to identify documentation to pull for Coding Staff.
- Pulling Medical Documentation for Coding Staff from various facility EMR systems.
- Processes correspondence for outside surgical assists.
- Processes documentation for 22 letters for claims.
- Meets all expectations / deadlines for month end closing.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Participates in professional development activities and opportunities.
- Attends staff meetings and others as required.
- Adheres to company policies as described in employment handbook and company work rules.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and NMOA policy.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Knowledge of current basic medical terminology.
- Knowledge of current coding, billing and payment posting policies and procedures.
- Typing speed at 35 wpm / 10-key by touch.
- Proficient user in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, co-workers, patients, and vendors.
- Must maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be able to prioritize assignments, follow up to ensure task completion, and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work 8 am – 5 pm. Supervisor will determine alternative hours as needed.
- Accuracy, patience, and timeliness a must
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and minimum one year of medical billing or accounts receivable experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Full Time