MRI Technologist -PRN
This position is a PRN position; schedule will be as needed.
To obtain quality images through the use of magnetic resonance imaging to aid in patient diagnosis and treatment as ordered by a physician.
- Requires the ability to closely follow a physician's instructions, appropriately position patients, prepare and operate MRI equipment, and accurately record the images requested.
- Must communicate well with patients and explain magnetic resonance imaging procedures, and request removal of metal objects which are hazardous to patient, staff and equipment.
- Demonstrates use of an intercom that allows patient and technologist to communicate during examination.
- Enters data such as patient history, anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry into aperture of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (head or feet first), into computer.
- Keys commands to specify scan sequences, and adjust transmitters and receivers, into computer.
- Observes patient through the window of the control room to monitor patient safety and comfort.
- Views images of anatomy scanned to ensure quality of images.
- Administers Gadolinium when ordered by physician.
- Alerts staff entering MRI room to the danger of wearing or carrying metal around magnet.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret medical information, technical procedures and/or general business information.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, patients, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exhibit understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance policy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Knowledge of New Mexico Orthopaedics policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve performance of the department.
- Ability to input data and navigate through CPS/EMR systems.
- Proficient computer skills (including, but not limited to spreadsheets, word documents, Internet and email) required.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Must be available Monday – Sunday, 6 am – 9pm.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current certification for American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT) and CPR Certified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Activities include holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling of objects and people, safely. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Requires vision correctable to 20/20 and hearing in the normal range for face-to-face and telephone contacts. Work may be under stressful conditions at times.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled clinic environment
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Part Time